Head and Neck Pain
Head and Neck Pain
Neck pain is a relatively common condition that will affect most people at some point in their lives. While most cases of neck pain are simple and straightforward to treat, some are more complex and require thorough assessment from one of our physiotherapists to provide an accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plan.
Common causes include:
- disc pain
- sleeping in an awkward position
- causing wry neck
- muscle/joint strain from injury
- whiplash from motor vehicle accident
- general wear and tear/ageing
- posture or work-related
Neck pain is also closely linked with headaches and migraines. Dysfunction of the neck soft tissues can refer pain to the head. If this is the source of your pain, our physiotherapists can help with manual therapy techniques to alleviate your symptoms and decrease headaches
Symptoms can include:
- reduced neck and upper back movement and stiffness
- mild to severe pain that can refer into the head, shoulder blades, arms and down the spine
- headaches and blurred vision
- soft tissue tenderness and tightness.
- numbness or ‘pins and needles’ in the arms.
Treatment for neck pain uses manual therapy techniques to mobilise the tissues of the spine, relieve pain/headaches and normalise movement. Individual exercise programs are prescribed to further the improvement and promote permanent change. Patients are then educated to help prevent future recurrences.
No Matter Whether Your Condition Was Caused By A Sport,
Work Accident or Otherwise, We’re Ready To Help
A thorough assessment and a treatment plan is designed which is tailored specifically to your needs
Highly Trained & Skillful
Multiple Treatment Styles
Latest News And Research
Find out the latest news about our Physiotherapy Clinic and information about all your Physiotherapy and health related needs.
We are always happy to hear what you have to say so be sure to leave a comment.