What Is Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a treatment method that focuses on the science of movement. By addressing underlying physical issues, it helps people restore, maintain and maximise their physical strength, function, motion and overall wellbeing. Physiotherapists draw upon a solid knowledge base that equips them with a range of skills to diagnose and treat patients with physical disorders or disabilities. They use a combination of manual therapy, movement training and physical and electro-physical agents. A physiotherapy treatment program helps repair tissue damage, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve one’s quality of life.Physiotherapists at Active Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy use a variety of skills and techniques in a hands-on approach, including:
- Joint mobilisation/manipulation to reduce stiffness and pain and improve flexibility
- Soft tissue massage and mobilisation
- Dry needling
- Muscle re-education to improve control and prevent further or recurring injury
- Exercise programs designed to strengthen muscles and improve mobility and posture.
Why It Works
Physiotherapy has a long history of scientifically based assessment and treatment in the management of injuries. In addition to the immediate benefit and improvement received from advanced hands-on treatment, a physiotherapist aims to give the patient tools to manage and improve their condition long-term.
Who Should Have It
Physiotherapy, in a Musculoskeletal Private Practice setting like Active Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy, is for anyone with a physical injury affecting any musculoskeletal structure in the body. It is for people in pain, affected by stiffness, weakness or nerve issues or for people who would like to get their body in better order to achieve optimal function
Why should one come to Active Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy?
What is the difference between a Physiotherapist and other Allied Health Practitioners?
What can you expect when you visit a physiotherapist?
Your physiotherapist will:
- assess and diagnose the patient’s condition and needs
- work with the patient to set and attain goals that will take into account lifestyle, activities and general health
- implement and carry out a treatment plan to reduce pain, increase mobility and function and work towards setthe goals set
- prescribe exercise and physical aides if required, to help the patient achieve their goals
No Matter Whether Your Condition Was Caused By A Sport,
Work Accident or Otherwise, We’re Ready To Help
A thorough assessment and a treatment plan is designed which is tailored specifically to your needs
Highly Trained & Skillful
Multiple Treatment Styles
Latest News And Research
Find out the latest news about our Physiotherapy Clinic and information about all your Physiotherapy and health related needs.
We are always happy to hear what you have to say so be sure to leave a comment.